Be aware of and accept a wide range of feelings in yourself and others. Emotional wellness means having the ability to laugh, enjoy life, adjust to change, cope with stress, maintain intimate relationships, have a positive self-concept, deal with feelings constructively, and develop qualities such as trust, optimism, and self-confidence.
Maintaining emotional wellness requires ongoing self-examination. View it as a continuum and maintain emotional stability by staying at some mod-range level between high and low.
- Communicating with others–having a support network
- Finding quiet/personal spaces
- Exercising regularly and with a friend
- Eating nutritionally
- Having hobbies or creative outlets
- Learning stress coping skills
- Mentoring and counseling others