Recipe for November
Now that October is over it’s time for Thanksgiving to take front and center! Most families serve the same types of food for Thanksgiving. The real dilemma is what do with all of the leftover turkey and cranberry sauce! There’s a recipe combining both of them into an amazing lunch for the next day. It is called “Leftover Turkey and Cranberry Sauce Salad”. The mayonnaise can be substituted for greek yogurt, an even healthier option. Enjoy!
- 3 cups leftover cooked turkey, shredded
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped (whites and light green only)
- 1/3 cup walnuts (optional: toasted)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup cranberry sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- splash lemon juice
- In a large bowl combine turkey, celery, onions and walnuts.
- Add in mayonnaise, cranberry sauce, garlic, spices and lemon juice.
- Serve on bread or on a salad.
- Note: the flavours get even better as it sits so I recommend making this in the morning and letting it sit for a few hours, but if not it’s still delish!